Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last week in Summitview Family Medicine






This week marks my last week here in Summitview. I've only been working here for 6 months, and as my very first practice out of residency training, I cannot help but be sentimental. I wish that I could have stayed longer and gotten to know better the other doctors and staff. But since it is what it is, I'm thankful too that even for a short period of time, we were able to influence each other in one way or another.

I will especially miss my colleague Vani. She has been a wonderful resource person for me, and a mentor. She's scary smart, funny and very insightful. I enjoy our short conversations along the hallway, during lunch or after work hours. She is a wonderful mother to her 3 children (yes, all of them are going to be doctors!) and just a great friend. Today's her birthday too.

I think that as life goes on, I will be able to look back to this episode in my life and will be able to figure out why God has placed me in Yakima. It seems to me that it is too short a stay for me to have any impact on anyone. But who's to say what is enough time and what is not enough time anyway? God works His plans perfectly and I should be able to trust that completely even though it is, at times, difficult to understand.

Photos above: 1) Summitview Family Medicine Clinic; 2) Medical staff at SFM (Front row L-R: Marlene, Nancy, Linda, Peggy, Dr. Vani; Back row L-R: Tracy, Terri, Diana, Renee); 3) My office nook;  4) My welcome plant! (yes, it's still alive after 6 months!);5) My welcome plant and going-away plant (thanks guys!)

1 comment:

  1. We really are sad to see you go, but I know God has his good and perfect will for you both. You will be covered in prayer!

    ReplyDelete